Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010

Family and Friends!!! This was such a wonderful week! I am feeling so much better and it's wonderful to be able to get out and work again! I love the work! This week we had some fun!
Highlights of the week... This week we found some amazing investigators. We have been teaching Danielle Manns and we had to finish teaching her the lessons for baptism. Well, we went up to Kenton to teach her and her neighbors wanted to learn because they have been sharing things about the gospel with them and how it has changed their lives! We ended up teaching their neighbors Tasha and Tony and they both felt the spirit so strong in the first lesson! It was awesome because we were asking them what they thought about everything and how they felt and Tasha was just like "How can it not be true!" Sister Loosli and I just were like it is! It was great! They are wanting to get baptized but have a lot of things to overcome. Smoking, Chastity, etc! But they are on the right path at least. Now we just have to teach them about all of the commandments!
It was great to because their woman Pasture come to their house during the lesson and she has also been talking to the Manns because they live right next to the church and she is interested in learning more about the Book of Mormon and the Mormons! We will just have to go and teach her and convert their entire church!! AMAZING! Heavenly Father is blessing Sister Loosli and I so much!
This week we were also able to go to a Sister Conference! It was so much fun! All the Sister's in the mission got together at the Mission Presidents House! There were 23 Sister Missionaries there! We went down on Friday about 2 p.m. and then left Saturday about 1 p.m.! It was so wonderful! The 11 companionship's each prepared a 25-30 min presentation on something in Preach My Gospel! It was like 6 hours of training! Plus we were able to hear from President and Sister Jenson! I love when they instruct us! I learn so much! I love all the Sister's in our mission! It was the best thing ever to be with all of them this weekend! It's sad because 6 of them go home on December 9th :( and we only get 1 Sister coming out! That means 3 Sister areas will be closed!
This weekend we also had Stake Conference and it was so wonderful! I learned so much! The things you learn on a mission are incredible! I know I will be a much better wife, mother, and child when I get home! I have set up habits that will stay with me for the rest of my life! It's just such a blessing to me! Heavenly Father is so smart! He loves me so much and knows exactly what I need!
This week I also gave up popping my Knuckles! SO HARD! But we were teaching Terra's (a recent convert) husband, Robert. He has a desire to learn but doesn't want to give up old habits. We talked to him and tried to see his desire level. We made a deal that he would live the Word of Wisdom if I would stop popping my knuckles with him! We have both been doing a great job. We both slip up but they are both hard habits to break! But it's amazing that I am able to help him get through this and hopefully soon they will be able to be sealed in they temple together! It's amazing how much Heavenly Father is helping me with my knuckles! It has been hard but I am doing it!
Abby is doing great! She hasn't smoked for 2 1/2 days now! YEAH! Her and her 2 girls are planning on getting baptized this weekend! Danielle will also be getting baptized with them! It's so exciting! She is doing it! People like her doctor can even see a change in her and they are asking questions! It's amazing! I love the gospel! The church is true!
It really has just been such an amazing week! I can't even explain the joy I receive from being a missionary! It's the best feeling ever! I love sharing the gospel with everyone! I just wish more people would listen! It breaks my heart when they don't! But even being a tool to a few people's lives and helping them is so worth it!
My apartment is pretty warm. We can't keep it up to high because of the costs. The electric blanket isn't even essential. It would probably be easier for me to buy one anyways instead of sending it. But a twin is what I sleep on but I would also like it for when I get home so I don't know.
Anyways! I love you so much and I hope that you are having a wonderful week! I love you Dad, Mom, Zack, Brigham, and Caleb! Be good and read your scriptures everyday! I heard this amazing thing this weekend! I was told that if I prayed and read my scripture everyday for 30 min I would make it to the celestial kingdom! Because if you are doing those things you are not going to do anything bad and you will only want to do better!
I love you! Love, Sister Madison Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment