Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, November 15, 2010

November 1, 2010

Hey! It's your favorite Sister Missionary! Hehe... I am doing pretty good! We had another crazy week! I don't understand how much crazy things can happen in a week. Monday we carved pumpkins with the Clearfork Sisters! That was fun! I love them! I also learned how to knit! Tuesday we had a bunch of tornado warnings! We were inside 1/2 the day because the sirens were going off. Nothing bad happened here though. It was just raining really hard and super windy!
Tuesday this crazy lady also called us and said she was going to file harassment charges on us if we didn't leave her younger friends alone that we had been teaching. She told us that they don't want to be Mormon and she knows this because she is their "Mentor." It was ridiculous! She was yelling at me over the phone and then she called the Branch President. He ended up calling the church legal department and told him we could continue teaching them unless they told us not to come over. It all way dumb, because the girls we were teaching were all over the age of 25 and they were so excited to learn. But this Wendy person who called totally anti-ed them and they ended up calling the church and telling them they didn't want to learn. It was ridiculous! But whatever... Hopefully they will find it later in life when this Wendy person isn't in their lives anymore!
Wednesday we had somewhat of a normal day. We had district meeting and went to lunch with our district. Then we taught some lessons and found a couple new investigators from member referrals! Member referrals are the best! They definitely have a higher success rate of baptism than anything else!
Thursday I got my blood drawn for my thyroid. Speaking of which I did call the number you gave me and they said they would send a bill and on the back there is something that says you should apply for. I am not sure... But I can call my doctors office and give them permission for you to go over the bills. I am pretty sure I sent in a paper that gave you access to all that already. I don't know... It's just so confusing sometimes. Because there are so many bills from different places. Didn't they write them off?
Anyways... we also went up to Kenton on Thursday and we taught Keith Manns' daughter Danielle who has seen the gospel make a change in his life and so she was interested in learning. Well we taught her about the Restoration and she thinks it makes perfect sense. I also was telling her about Joseph Smith's First Vision and she said she got goose bumps and she knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet! It was a wonderful lesson! We committed her for baptism on Nov 20th! Friday... we had weekly planning and then taught some lessons.
We also had a branch Halloween social! It was fun! We had a potluck dinner and then the primary age kids and the Missionaries got to go trunk or treating! It was awesome! I love being a missionary! It's awesome! We have so much candy though! I don't know what to do with it all. I was thinking about using it during lessons! Ha-ha... I don't want to eat it all.
Saturday we did a crazy service project! We Killed Chickens! I took lots and lots of pictures! It was so gross but I am glad we did it for the experience! They even sent us home with one of the chickens we killed. It's in our freezer... I am not sure I want to eat it! Hmmm... It was very interesting. First we chopped their heads off with an axe then we dipped them in boiling water and plucked off their feathers and then we had to skin them! YUCK! Then we cut up their rib cage and got all the organs and stuff out. I held a chickens heart! Can you even imagine me doing this... Weird!
Then Sunday we were supposed to have a baptism of Zoey and Chloe but then we decided it would be better for them to wait for their mom! Abby their mom is so close! She was smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day but she is down to 1-2! We are hoping to baptize her and her kids Saturday of this week or next! Keep her in your prayers please! But that was my crazy week! Lots of fun experiences! Ha-ha! But I am doing good!
It sounds like things at home are good! The entire house is going to look different by the time I get home! That's weird! I can't believe how much things can change in a year! It's just strange to think that life is going on back home without me! It's definitely weird to see pictures of lance at home hanging out with friends!
I love you all so much! Thanks for all the prayers and support! You are amazing! I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Whitney
p.s. Sorry I am taking so long to write letters back to anyone who wrote me. My hand has been hurting for some reason lately and it's hard to write for to long! But I still love you!
Mom, You need to update my blog! Haha... I have been out over 9 months now! I love you and I hope that you are having a great day! Thanks for everything that you do for me! You are the best! Love, Madie

No comments:

Post a Comment