Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, November 15, 2010

September 7, 2010

Hello Family!!
I have the best news ever!!! SISTER MISSIONARIES DON"T HAVE TO WEAR NYLONS ANYMORE!!! It's amazing! We got a letter in the mail today and they totally updated the Sister Missionary wear. Remember all the really ugly outfits in my call letter. Well, now they are cute and updated! It was a great letter. We no longer have to wear nylons and our skirts only have to cover the knee now! It's great! So no more buying knee highs! Super excited I hate those things! But anyways... besides that excellent news this has been an amazing week!
The lord is really blessing this area! We have 3 investigators with a baptismal date! The first one is Abby. She is probably in her 30's. Abby has 3 kids: Zoey-10, Chloe-8, and Ian-5! She came to church for the 2nd week in a row. We watched the Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration DVD with her and then committed her to baptism on October 9th. She has a lot to overcome before then like smoking, coffee, and boyfriend. But she knows it's true and she wants to go forward! It's a little difficult for her because her family is anything but supportive! Her grandpa is a minister in another church and is really coming down on her but she just keeps telling him sorry and she knows this is what is right for her! She is amazing! Hopefully her and her 2 kids will all be getting baptized on Oct. 9th but it may take longer depending on the boyfriend thing... We will see.
We are also teaching Keith. Keith lives with his member brother Kevin and his wife Carla. They are an amazing family. We have been teaching him and we also watched the Joseph Smith DVD with him and when it was over he looked at us and said "I found my home!" It was so powerful! The spirit was so strong and he knew that this is what he needs to do. He has come to church twice and has a baptismal date for September 25! He also has to quit smoking! But they are willing and the Lord will help them!
We have also been teaching Tara! She lives with a less active, Barb Rickerd! She is actually the one who texted you to get the brownie recipe! But we have been teaching her daughter and she loves it! She has read the entire first book of Nephi in 2 weeks! She hasn't been able to come to church because she works, but she has next Sunday off and will be asking for all her Sundays off or at least a later shift so she can come to church! She also has a baptismal date for October 9th! It's amazing! I love seeing the gospel change peoples lives! I love serving a mission!
But that is pretty much how the work is going here in Marion! We are also working at a booth at the popcorn festival on thurs, Friday, and sat. this week! Its pretty exciting!
The weather is pretty hot still. It's really annoying because the weather changes so fast here. It could be cold one day and hot the next! ugh...
We do have a Wal-Mart in Marion! It's way nice. We can go every week now. It's just when I was in Greenfield we didn't have one and so we had to go into another area. My hair is doing fine I think. I should probably color it again soon but I still have color so I am doing fine. I do like my companion Sister Hulbert. She is really nice. We have different personalities and likes and dislikes and so sometimes that makes it difficult but she is nice.
I hope all is well with everything at home! I love you all so much! I miss you! But time is flying by! I can't believe I have been out 71/2 months! Crazy! I love you and keep you all in my prayers!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney
p.s. Write me letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment