Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, November 15, 2010

August 23, 2010

Hello Family! It is so good to hear from you! I cant even believe how old Brigham looks. It's crazy... he is getting tall! I hope that the cruise is fun! That's insane how much fruit you have! I would love that! Fruit just seems to be so expensive and so we don't buy to much. We have been getting a ton of fresh garden veggies! Yesterday we had dinner with the Sutter family! They have a way intense story they told us. If you wanted to you could read about it on savedbyagun.com but it was really a testimony builder to me on how the lord really protects his people. But they have a huge garden! 3/4 of an acre and they gave us beets, broccoli, green beans, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, and a few others. We are going to be eating pretty healthy this week. ha-ha... I love garden fresh veggies! They are so good especially those tomatoes:) But the members are so great to us here! We were given a loaf of banana and zucchini bread last week! So good! It's amazing how much they do for us! I love them! The branch mission leader even bought me a pillow because the one I was using well, I wouldn't even call it a pillow. It was the thinnest thing I have ever seen! They really do so much! We even have been able to get more members out with us to lessons! It's great when the members help do missionary work because that is when the work really starts moving along!
Speaking of the work moving along... LEONARD was BAPTIZED and CONFIRMED this weekend! It is so exciting! He is so amazing and truly has a testimony that this is Christ restored church! I love being able to take part in people lives and help them come unto Christ! The baptism went amazing! The spirit was so strong and Leonard was so happy. It's just so exciting! The work is moving along here quite well in Marion! We have been finding and teaching a ton of people! We have 20 investigators right now! It is crazy! We just need to get them to keep commitments! I wish they would just come to church! They would progress so much faster if they would take that step. But we are working with them on it!
I am just doing really amazing! I love serving! Teaching the gospel brings so much joy into my life! I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to share it with people! I want everyone to feel that happiness that can come from this gospel! I know that this is Christ's church! I know that it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith! I know that the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ! If we read it we will feel the Holy Ghost bear record to us that it is true! We need to read our scriptures daily, we need to pray all the time and we need to go to church! Heavenly Father loves and knows each of us individually and he wants us to talk to him. He wants to be able to comfort us but we must turn to him! I am so thankful to share this message with the people here in Ohio! I know I was sent here for a reason! I am where I need to be and I am grateful for Heavenly Father for allowing me to be here!
I love you all so much! I appreciate the support I get from you as I am on my mission! I am thankful for the many prayers offered up in my behalf! I love you! I hope that you have a great week! Love, Sister Madison Whitney Thanks for the Zucchini Brownies recipe! We made them last night! They are so good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment