Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, November 15, 2010

October 4, 2010

Hey family, It has been a pretty great week! We have been busy as usual finding new people to teach, teaching our investigators, and baptizing Keith Manns! Keith's baptism was so amazing! The spirit was so strong! I love seeing the happiness that the gospel brings into people's lives! It's just amazing! Keith was able to be baptized by his brother Kevin and to see them hug after he came up out of the water and to see the smile's on there faces was just incredible! Not to mention after the baptism we went to Red Lobster to celebrate. The members that took us ordered Calamari for an appetizer. They made me try it! Yuck... chewy squid for an appetizer. But I did it and I also ended up trying lobster, crab, and shrimp. I can say I do not like seafood! It's just gross! I had a chicken ceaser salad for my dinner and of course those yummy cheesy biscuits! Yum!
Terra is still getting baptized on the Saturday! I am so excited for her! Abby and her children are going to be pushed back to later in the month. Abby is still smoking and so she can't get baptized yet. But she is getting closer. She was smoking about 40 a day, 2 packs. But now she is down to about 10! So she has cut a lot off but she is still working on those last few. She is determined to do it though!
Conference was great! I loved it so much! It's amazing how much you can get from listening to the prophets and apostles! I loved Elder Jeffrey R. Holland’s talk and also President Thomas S. Monson's about gratitude! It was great! Speaking of gratitude! I am so thankful for you Dad and Mom for all that you do for me! I am thankful for the great sacrifice you go through to raise us kids and then to support both Zack and I on our missions! It means so much to me to know that I have your support and love! We watched conference at the church for the first 3 sessions and then went to the Titensors, the branch president's family, for dinner and the last session. We only had a few investigators show up sadly. It is so hard to get the investigators to church! It's frustrating sometimes that they have their agency. But... we just keep working with them on it. Thanks for looking at skirts for me but I don't know if I will really need any. One new colorful one may be nice but with it getting in to winter I just need clothes to bundle up in! I think I wear a 12 but I am not sure. I pretty much am the same size I was. I still haven't worn that white skirt you sent me. I was trying to lose weight so I could wear it but I am just staying the same. It's just to hard on the mission. But did it fit you. Did you want it back to wear? Anyways... It has been so cold I am scared for the colder months. I don't know if you would want to buy my some warm knee socks... maybe like micro fiber and also some leggings or something or if you can just put some money on my card so I can buy them at Wal-Mart so you don't have to send a box. I just have a feeling It's going to be a cold winter! Ugh... Christmas is still far away. Ha-ha... I want a GPS so I don't get lost anymore! I hate reading maps. But I will keep it in the back of my mind. Sister Loosli and I are doing fabulous! I love her! She is really cool and we get along great!
I can't remember if I told you but she came out 3 weeks earlier than me cuz she was in the Cincinnati mission and so we are way close to each other in mission age. We will actually be going home together and so that will be cool! I did hear about the tornados and it was crazy apparently. Our branch mission leader drove through it from work to get home. But that's all I know from it. It has been raining here alot but all is good. I have plenty of boots. I have even inherited a pair. I have way to much stuff because when other missionaries go home they just leave everything with you.
A recipe for Kennedy. Did I give you the Buckeye candy recipe! You should give it to her if I did because it's especially a recipe from Ohio! And it's amazing! If I didn't give it to you just look it up on the internet. It's a chocolate peanut butter candy! SO YUMMY! I think the cd disc you made was when I was with Sister Parry and she is home now! But she got copies from Wal-Mart. Thanks though. Maybe I will send my other one home soon. I haven't been taking as many pictures though.
Can you believe Lance comes home on the 15th of this month! I can't even believe it! CRAZY! I hit my 1/2 way mark way soon to! Time just fly’s by! But I got to get going! I love you all so so much! I hope you have a wonderful week! I love you! Remember Missionaries Love getting mail! I would love to get letters from some of you that don't write me very often if ever!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney
p.s. Dad a member in my branch said your face book picture looks like Brett Farve or something like that. I guess he is a NFL football player. HA! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment