Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

Family!
It's been so FREEZING here lately! Last night was especially ridiculous! We were driving home and the temperature on our car said it was 1 degree outside! I was not having a fun time! We parked and ran to our apartment and Sister Lillywhite and I both jumped under my heater blanket and snuggled on my bed! I thought I was going to get frostbite! Ahhh... I don't like the cold weather! YUCK! We decided to go tracting the other day and we were all bundled up and warm but after tracting for an hour in 8 degree weather I was so so cold! No more doing that! Ha-ha... but I was thinking of dad when I was doing it and how he wanted me to tract all day and I thought that was good enough for a Southern Utah girl to be in 1 digit weather! Anyways... enough about the cold!

This week was transfers and my new companion is Sister Lillywhite! She is pretty great! It was cool because she came out in October and was trained by Sister LeSueur in my last district and so we had already hung out and had gotten to know each other! It was good because the first week with a new companion can be so awkward trying to break the ice and getting to know each other. But we were already great friends! She is pretty sweet! I am lucky because my last few companions have all been amazing! Heavenly Father is blessing me. I also think that I learned better patience at the beginning of the mission and so I am a lot better at that now. Still working on it at times but a lot better! The mission can really shape our lives if we let it! I have learned so much! Sister Lillywhite is from Salt Lake City and has been out 2 transfers. I am follow up training her. Hmmm... I don't really know what else to say about her. I love her! I do miss Sister Hazleton though! 6 weeks just wasn't enough time with her.

We are not allowed on facebook. I usually just have members get on here for me and update stuff and load pictures on. That's so exciting about Trevor's baptism! He is so cute! You should send me a couple pictures of it!

The work here has picked up a little. We are teaching some amazing people! Krystal Fox has a baptismal date for March 12. Chastity and Bob both came to church this Sunday! We just need to find a few more. We still haven't been able to get many member referrals. But we are getting more members to come out and teach with us and that's great! They are so amazing though! They never let us go one night without dinner!

I was able to see the eye doctor this week! It went well. She said that my prescription has changed a little but nothing that I should really worry about. It was only the left eye that changed a tiny bit. She said that I shouldn't have them on when I read and so she thought it was smart that I only used them for driving and reading the board and stuff. But other than that it was fine.

I have been eating healthier. I try and take smaller portions at members and I just don't really crave sweets anymore. I haven't even opened the Cadbury eggs you sent me for Christmas. And that's weird. I have been eating a lot of salads for lunch and either smoothies or whole wheat cereal for breakfast.

Lance writes as much as he can. I know that he is really busy and I feel bad that he has such a tight schedule. He lives in St. George now with some of his buddies. You could call him and have him over for dinner sometime. Especially since I am either going to send him or you a package that will have some things for both of you in it.
 
But it has been a great week! Everyone that reads this should make a profile on Mormon.org because I want to look it up and then I can show my investigators and members who you are!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney

p.s. Kimber, Make sure you make a profile before you leave! I wish I could make one now but can't and when you get out you can direct your investigators and members to your own profile!
And I have been out for a year this Thursday! CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment