Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

December 13, 2010

Hey Family!
It has been a crazy week! Transfer weeks always are crazy though! It started off amazing though! Monday for p-day we had a way sweet time hanging out with our district and zone leaders! We had a tie die party and it was a blast! Had some Christmas music going, hot chocolate, and lots of colors! I loved it! Then on Tuesday we got transfer calls telling me that I was being transferred out and Sister Loosli was staying. It was kind of hard news to hear but I was expecting it. Wednesday was of course the hardest! I had to pack up (I have way to much stuff) and I had to say my goodbyes ( It was definitely the hardest to say goodbye to my recent converts! I cried when I said goodbye to Abby and her kids, Danielle and Keith, and Terra! It will be hard not seeing them.
Thursday we drove down to Columbus and I found out that I was coming to Newark and serving in the Mound builders ward! My companion is Sister Hazleton and she has only been out 6 weeks. It's kind of hard because she doesn't know the members or the are really good so it's kind of like starting from the beginning. But it will be good. We don't have hardly any investigators are anyone with a baptismal date but I am just going to work my hardest to get to know the people and the area! I know that there is so much potential here and I am excited about it! I am really excited because I have served with a lot a few companions that had already served in this area and I have heard that it is so amazing!
And I knew that Amy and her family were in the other ward and so that is really exciting! I am excited to see them! I didn't on Sunday which was sad but hopefully soon. It has been crazy weather here the last 2 days! It was raining Sunday morning when we headed to church and during sacrament it just started pouring down snow! It snowed pretty much all day and it lightly snowing right now. So I am the senior companion still, the follow up trainer and I am driving! It's been intense because I hardly drove in the snow at home. But I am being careful and it's been fine!
I haven't gotten your package yet with the fudge or the s.d. card but I am sure I will get it soon. Thanks for all that you do! I haven't been really craving any holiday treats or anything. I like caramel and I am sad I won't be home to pull taffy this year but I am trying to eat healthier and so I don't want a ton of candy. Plus since we have been here the members have given us a ton of stuff! Fudge, Popcorn, etc... They are amazing though! I am super excited to get to know the members here they seem wonderful!
That's cool that you went up to the Christmas party! It's funny that you saw Brent and Laurna and I will probably get to see Amy! I would love to go over there for Christmas but I am not sure how that would work. I am sure we could but I would just have to get permission to go out of our area from the district leader and I would need to somehow get a hold of Amy. I could probably get it from the Newark elders.
 
I did get the package from the Myers. I was actually going to send them a Christmas card telling them thank you today! That was so nice of them!
I am just really excited for this new challenge of my mission. I know that Heavenly Father will bless me and my companion! We are striving our hardest to work hard and be obedient! I love the gospel and I love the joy and happiness that it brings into my life and the lives of those I teach!
I hope that you have a good week! I love you all!
Love Madison Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment