Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 10, 2011

Family!!!
Can you believe that your oldest child is 22 tomorrow? Crazy!!! I will tell you what this week has been a great one! I truly love Sister Hazleton and it's so great to be working here in Mound builders! The members are defiantly spoiling me for my birthday! It's like my birthday just keeps going and it hasn't even started! I love it :) This week I have had a few member families cook me whatever I wanted for my birthday. We went to Shauna Hawks on Friday night and they made me Chinese! It was so good! And They wouldn't let me eat with a fork and so I learned how to use chopsticks. I ate really slow but I did it. Saturday night the Haltom’s (a crazy funny older couple) took us out of our area to go to dinner at Longhorns! It was super yummy... I felt kind of weird because it was expensive but they didn't care and they wouldn't even let me order chicken because it was the cheapest thing on the menu they made me get steak. They also had the people sing to me for my birthday and they gave me ice cream. Well, I was sharing it with Sister Hazleton and all of the sudden she's like don't eat anymore of this ice-cream. Then she told me it wasn't vanilla bean in the ice-cream but it was coffee bean! Ahhh... we totally broke the Word of Wisdom... oops but we of course didn't mean to. It was just a funny experience letting me know that I am not in Utah anymore. We also were able to find a couple new investigators this week which was awesome! We went to have a lesson with Krystal Fox and she had 2 friends there ready to learn! They were so open to the message and the spirit was so strong during the lesson! Incredible! I love being a missionary! It's so cool because we go in with a lesson planned but then we follow that as the spirit directs. Well the plan we had planned wasn't what they needed and so we were able to follow the spirit and turn to the scriptures and read in Alma 36 with them! It was amazing!
Sunday was a great day also! We had 3 investigators show up at church! Krystal and her 2 kids came, Pam and her daughter, and Whitney Stevens and her entire family (including her husband which is a miracle)! It was such a wonderful day! And they all loved church and want to come back! It was great! Then we went to the Braziers that night and had amazing lettuce wraps and then watched the CES Fireside which was amazing! Good Times!
This week should be a great one also! We get to go to the temple on Thursday for our quarterly thing and I am so excited! And even better is that Amy is taking us! I am so excited I love going to the temple! That is like the best birthday present of all! I love it!
But I am so grateful to be serving and I love you guys so much! You are such an amazing family! Thanks for all the love and support!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment