Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 18, 2011

Hey Family!
Craziest thing happened last night! So Sister Hazleton and I were planning and we get this call from our district leader and he tells us that he has transfer calls. Well we were way surprised because it was a night early! He told us that I was staying in mound builders and Sister Hazleton was being transferred! Ugh! I feel so jipped! I seriously love her so much and I only get to spend 6 weeks with her! I was looking forward to getting to know her better. It stinks but I know that the Lord has plans for me. It's just so nerve racking to get a new companion. I hate waiting... I hope that we get along! I know I will love whoever it is but I have found that I have favorite companions and it's really hard going from someone you love and teach with really well to a more difficult companion. But it's times like these when I have to tell myself I will go where you want me to go and I will do what you want me to do! It will be great though!
This week has been amazing! I had the best birthday! The members spoiled me :) They are so amazing! Sister Hazleton was the best also! She got up and made me waffles! Not just any plain waffles either but we did it with the strawberry syrup, the strawberries, and the whip cream! It was delicious! I love that girl! It was funny though because on my birthday is snowed all day here. We started the day out fine with breakfast, studies, and then we had an appointment. and then for lunch we went to olive garden! We got the all you can eat soup, salad, and breadsticks! It was delicious! After lunch we were headed to another appointment but then the roads were so slick we had to go inside! It was fun to be inside for most of my birthday... ha-ha. It actually wasn't bad because I was able to get more studies in and I actually finished Jesus The Christ! That was such an amazing book! Very Long though! Now I am going to try to read the New Testament in the next 6 weeks! I am excited because I think I will understand it better because I read Jesus The Christ!
But anyways... the Lee's an amazing family in our ward made me a birthday dinner and so they came and picked us up for the dinner and we had cake and we snuggled on the couch with the girls of the family and read scriptures! It was a wonderful night! Who would ever think snuggling on a couch and reading scriptures would be how I wanted to spend my birthday night but I loved it! Pat and Greg Smith had us over on Wednesday and we had dinner and cake and ice-cream! They also got me a birthday present which consisted of stationary, a clipboard, and a letter opener! It was the best thing ever! Who ever knew I could like a letter opener so much! But it is totally ligit! I love it! It's pink too :)
Thursday was such an amazing day! We went to the temple with Amy and it was the best! Not to mention Sister LeSueur and Sister Loosli came with their companions! It was so wonderful to see both of them! I love my companions! We also had dinner with the Williams family and they had more cake for me! They are awesome! Their are seriously so many wonderful families in this area!
Friday was a great day also! We had specialized training from 9am to 3pm with President and Sister Jensen! It was wonderful except I had to give a talk in front of a whole lot of missionaries! It was so scary! I still hate giving talks but everyone said I did good and President Jensen used part of my talk in training and thanked me and so it was fine just nerve racking! But we went over the 8 fundamental principles we have been learning and they are truly inspired! Then we learned how mormon.org is going to start being a huge tool in our work! It's so exciting we are supposed to get on a few times a week now and familiarize ourselves with it! All the adult members are encouraged to get on and make profiles! You should defiantly check it out! I love it! There was a section on it in the January Ensign!
Lets see... I am almost out of time and I could just keep going! This week has seriously been amazing! I have seen so many blessings! Krystal Fox is progressing towards baptism and she keeps inviting her friends to learn which is great! I am so excited for her! We love her so much! It truly is a wonderful place to be!
Alright... to answer questions mom had. I did get to call the doctor and they said you needed to send them your tax information of something. How you claimed me on your taxes...I don't know. They weren't really sure so maybe you should call them again. That's cool that Dad wants to be a volunteer firefighter! That would be interesting. I always tell people about grandpa when I run into firemen out here! That's so exciting about Trevor’s baptism! I got an invitation and it was so cute! I am sad I will not be there but that's awesome! We actually were able to go to a little boy's baptism on Sunday because they invited a few non members and so we gave a presentation on the Book of Mormon while Sai the boy and his dad were drying off! I am glad to here that everyone is doing good and that things are moving forward at home! That's wonderful! I hope you have a wonderful week! I love you so much! Thanks for the support and love!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney
p.s. That's so cool about Christian! He will love it! When does he go into the MTC? Could you find out when Kimber goes into the MTC also! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment