Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, May 3, 2010

March 8, 2010

Hello Everybody!
How has everything been going lately? I have been just great here in Ohio! No big earthquakes or anything! I am glad to hear everything is going well with Zack! I actually got really scared one night at a members home but he looked it up and said all missionaries were safe! So I knew that he was safe! Plus he is doing the lord's work I know that he is protected!

Mom, How is the banister coming? Did you get the kitchen table yet? You should send me pics! I would also like some pictures of the family and maybe St. George area to show members and stuff. Has Caleb taken over my room yet? Just tell me how things are going at home. I haven't really heard from you and dad much. Just little notes here and there. Caleb remember you made a goal to write me once a month! But anyways...
Everything is going really well in Ohio! We had such an AMAZING week! First of all the weather is getting warmer! Which makes me very happy! Soon enough it will be spring! It has been in the 50's here! It makes a lot better weather for tracting! But we have 2 Investigators now that I found! Well that we found together tracting but they weren't already investigators! They are doing really well and we have been going over there teaching them twice a week! I love it! The spirit has been so strong in each lesson! It's just going great! There names are Joe Matlack and the Camp family: Jana (mom), Samanatha (18 daughter), and Cole (8 son). I even extended my first baptismal commitment to Joe. We weren't planning on extending one. But I got this very strong impression that I needed to extend one and so I did. He didn't say yes, but he didn't say no either. He just told us that he had already been baptized but we explained that he needs to be baptized by the proper authority and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He did come to sacrament meeting on Sunday though! But we are going over there to teach him another lesson tonight!

But Sunday was such an awesome day! First of all it was fast Sunday! And I love being able to fast for a purpose! Especially missionary work! But we had Joe come to church and the Hackworth’s ( a less active family), and Misty and her four kids (a potential investigator). She actually lives a street outside of our area and so we are trying to get permission to teach her. But she wants to be taught the lessons and she really enjoyed church! It's just so excited because I guess they haven't been able to get any people to church for the last 3 months here and the day that the Stake President was here a bunch of people showed up. The stake president even said that he was very impressed with me to the Branch President! I can totally tell that us working hard and keeping a positive attitude has already helped picked up the work here! When I first got to Greenfield everyone told me that this was the dead zone of the mission. But I didn't believe that and I just work my butt off! I know that there is so much potential here! Sister Seibel even says that she has seen the work progress since I got here! I love it! And I have such a strong testimony that the lord prepares those people for us we just need to work hard, be obedient, and try to find them! I know that this is the restored gospel on the earth today! I know that Joseph Smith was called of God. He saw God the father and his son! When we tell the experience of the First Vision with people the spirit is always so strong! I am so thankful to be serving out here! I know that it is where I am supposed to be and I am so thankful for this opportunity! I just want you to know I know that we are children of our Heavenly Father and he really does know and loves each and everyone of us!
But anyways... I guess I will tell you a little about my week. So I decided that If I ever get lung cancer and die it's going to be because I served in Ohio on my mission! O my goodness everyone smokes here! It's ridiculous! People just smoke right in front of us during our lessons and stuff. At first I thought I was going to die. But sadly I am kind of getting used to it! When you walk into people's houses they just reek! Ugh! But o well... Hmmm. Something interesting we had at someone’s house this week was a dip. It's called Crack-cocaine dip. When she told me the name I was like um... I don't think I should eat that. But she told me that it only had sour cream, cream cheese, cheese, and ranch mix in it! It was only called crack-cocaine dip because it is super addicting! Which is true! It is so good! :) You just eat it with crackers. Louis, you would love this! What else... nothing super exciting. We just have been working hard and trying to find as many people as we can! I sure do love this work! And the branch members here are amazing! They do so much for us! Except they keep sending us home with chocolaty desserts! But anyways... I better get going! Time is up once again! I love you all so much! Thanks for everything that you do for me! I pray for you every night! Love you!

Love, Sister Madison Whitney
p.s. Congrats Shanan! Parker looks so cute! I wish I

No comments:

Post a Comment