Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, May 3, 2010

April 26, 2010

Hello!

First of all my wrist is doing a lot better. I got the results back and it was fine! I just bruised it. It has been sore and I have been wearing a brace for it. But it is doing a lot better. I haven't gotten the results back for my thyroid and probably won’t have them for another 2 weeks. I called and asked for them and I guess they just mail them to you. So... I just get to wait anxiously, but I know everything will work out. The lord is truly blessing me! Also I wanted to ask for some recipes. Mostly just the Cafe Rio ones. If you could just e-mail them or send them. I would love them! Mom, I also wanted to see if you have gotten a chance to take my clothes over to that coyote threads place. I bet they would buy some of them. It is on the opposite side of the mall past the freeway. I am not positive of the name but it is coyote... something. Also don't really worry about me calling on Mother's day. It will be sometime in the afternoon and I will just call you. But I will give you a more specific time next week.

But any who... this last few weeks has been amazing! I can't even explain how well things are going! We did so many great things this week! First of all we found this "golden investigator"! Brittany Allen, she is amazing and she knows that it is true! She told us the last time we met with her that even if she wanted to deny it she couldn't! We committed her to be baptized on MAY 29! She want's it to be sooner but she has to go to church at least 3 times and so that is the soonest we can do it! But it is way exciting! I hope I don't get transferred before then.

We also had a Sister's Conference this weekend! It was so cool! Friday morning we drove up to the temple. We met Sister Jensen and all the Sister's there. There are 11 sisters in the mission right now. But we did a temple session and then we went to the mission house. We all had prepared 30 min presentations on PMG topics. We were able to spend all day with the President and Sister Jensen. It was really such an amazing experience! The spirit was so strong and we were able to learn a ton! We also got to watch Another Testament by Mark Marby. It was such an amazing video! If you ever get the chance to watch it I would! It was so spiritually uplifting! I loved it! But we were also able to just have fun as Sister's and get to bond! It was really great for me because I haven't had the chance to meet all the sister's until then! And I was able to get to know each of them better! And I would love to serve with anyone of them!

We also had stake conference this weekend! We were able to go the adult session and the regular session. But it was really great! The theme seemed to really revolve around missionary work and having the light of Christ! We were able to take Misty Posey one of our amazing investigators with us to the adult session and she loved it! And it was awesome because she drove us there and back! It was an 1 1/2 hour drive both ways and so we were able to really get to know her. We were able to answer a lot of her questions and help her! It was so great!

I don't remember if I told you but June 12 is going to be amazing! Todd C. Christofferson is coming to our mission! He is going to be talking to us for a few hours that morning! Then later that afternoon they are having a quad stake relief society meeting where Sheri Dew and Russell M. Nelsons wife are coming to talk to us! I am so excited! It is going to be great! There is just so much going on!

The work is still progressing in Greenfield! We have so many investigators that are just sitting on the edge of the fence! They just need a little push! I am just so thankful for all the blessing that are being poured out! I know that this is the Lord's work! I love it and it makes me so happy! I have to get going but I pray for you every night! I hope things are going well at home! I love you all so much! Have a great week! Remember Always to Smile! We are supposed to stand as representatives of Christ at all times and in all things and in all places! I love you all!

Love, Sister Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment