Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, May 3, 2010

April 12, 2010

Hello Family!
How is everything! Sounds like a lot is happening at home! Crazy! I can't believe Dad had skin cancer! I am glad everything worked out! I can't believe Kiwi died! So sad! Will you send me a picture of her! I have told her about a few people and I want to show them what she looks like. I am sorry about the taxes. How did that happen? Shouldn't you usually get money back? I don't really know how it works. Probably something I should learn when I get home. I usually email the same time every week. It is from about 10:15 - 11:00 Ohio time. So I believe it would be 8:15 - 9:00 your time. That would be really cool to be able to email back and forth! I also didn't get Tyler's email. You said you forwarded it to me but I didn't see it. I can't believe he had to kill a pig though! All I have to say is that I am glad I am in Ohio!

So some updates in Greenfield. The trio is still great! I love both of my companions:) sometimes things are a little more difficult but we get along really well most of the time. Teaching is just harder and being able to all agree on the same thing. But we have a lot of fun! The work is still progressing! We have so many people on the brink of baptism! They just need a little push over the wall! Misty Possey one of our amazing investigators! I can't remember if I told you about her. But we have been teaching her for a few weeks and she is really progressing! We even taught her the word of wisdom and she handed me her cigarettes and we went and threw them away. It was really weird! First time I have ever held cigarettes in my hands, and I was a missionary! But we walked out to the trash and dumped them! She is 8 days smoke free today! She has been coming to church and she really loves it! We extended a baptismal date to her and she said she wants to be baptized but wants her kids to be baptized first or with her. And so now we are going to start teaching her 4 kids! One is only 7 though and so she will have to wait! But it is super exciting!

Also we have Sam Camp! She is still progressing! She is coming to church and keeping all of her commitments! She want's to be baptized also she just isn't sure when. We extended April 24 as her date! So now she is praying about it and will tell us tonight at her lesson! We also taught 20 lessons last week! So awesome!

Also my mouth is doing pretty good! I have all of my cavities fixed! And I didn't even have to get a root canal! Thank goodness! But we did find something else wrong with me! So I guess I grind my teeth and that has been what is causing the back pains. So now I am going to be getting a mouth guard to sleep with at night! Super exciting! But it is just going really good here! I love Ohio! I am loving serving a mission! It is such an amazing experience! Thanks for all the love and support! I love you so much and appreciate all that you do for me!

Love, Sister Madie Whitney
p.s. ALWAYS SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment