Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, May 3, 2010

April 5, 2010

Hello Family,
How is everyone doing back home? I am doing awesome out here in the GREAT OHIO COLUMBUS MISSION! I really love it! We had transfers this week and they were really great! I am still in Greenfield with Sister Seibel but we got another Sister! Her name is Sister Eves and I love her very very much! She is so funny! We are always laughing! It's just crazy! I can't believe I am already in a trio! I went from a trio in the Mtc and then training to another trio! But I am really excited! I think it is going to be a very fun transfer! Sister Eves is from Southern California, she is the youngest of 5, and yeah.. I don't know to much about her yet. But we are all getting along really really well.

The work is still progressing! We are teaching a lot which is awesome! We have a few very solid investigators! My mouth is doing alright. It hurts just because it is sore from all the work! I think I am going to have to get a root canal on Friday but he is going to investigate! But it really doesn't bug me that much! When it hurts I just take a couple of Ibuprofen and the pain goes away. I did get my Easter Package! Thank you very much! I loved everything in it! And I am not upset you didn't send me any candy. My comps and I are trying to eat healthier anyways. I do love the skirt! It is super cute! I also got the Avon package a while back! My companions also say thank you for the card! Thank you Trish!

Easter weekend was very good! I loved watching general conference! It was so amazing! I just couldn't get enough of it! I think it was my first time watching general conference without falling asleep! It has such a new light to it when your on a mission! It was very good! I had a few talks I really like I would have to pull out my notes though to tell you which ones I liked the best. I really like the one that talked about mother-daughter relationships! It made me miss you mom but it was really good! But all of conference was really good! It really stressed the importance of families and the youth of the church!

We watched conference at the Hall's for both Saturday Sessions and we had Easter Dinner in-between the two sessions. The sessions were 12-2 and 4-6. It was weird not watching them in the morning! But it was cool! Easter dinner with the halls was very good! I loved it! Then on Sunday we watched the first session at a less active members home and had Easter dinner with her and her husband and then watched the second session at the Snaveleys, the branch presidents house. Then we watched the Lamb of God video at a members house with them later on in the evening. It was really good! I loved it! Great Easter! The weather was even perfect! I am so happy the spring is finally here!

Mom what are you speaking about at church next Sunday? I bet you will do very good! You should send me your talk! I would love to read it! I haven't had to talk in any meeting yet. They really try and get the members to do that. Did you get to go to Brian Head? How was it? I also email at a library. I think for mother's day we just call from members houses. So you don't have to worry about anything. I will find out for sure though. I know we don't use a calling card or call collect so it will be all good.

Anyways I don't have a lot of time left. But I wanted to ask if you would send me some c.d.s I can listen to any LDS author as long as it invites the spirit. There are a lot on I tunes I would love if you could burn me some or if Brigham could. I have enough MO-TAB just the other stuff under my name. Maybe like Michael McLain and Hilary Weeks. That would be great!

Also I am sending a big package home this weekend. It has letters in it and some mission stuff I just want you to keep for me. It also has a little present for Cassie in it and some clothes I am not allowed to wear on the mission. I realize I don't have that many summer shirts I can wear. But we are going to Wal-Mart today so hopefully I will find a few. But everything is still going well! I love this area! And I love serving! I love you so much! Have a wonderful day!

Love, Sister Madison Whitney

p.s. Thank You for all that you do for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment