Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, May 3, 2010

March 25, 2010

Hello Family!

How are things doing back in Utah? Hopefully good! Man because things out here in Ohio are crazy! I don't know where to start! I have so much to tell you and not enough time! Well first off! The reason why I am emailing today is because we switched our
P-day to Thursday this week so we could go to the temple. So you will get another email on Monday. But that’s why you didn't get one on Monday! So pretty much insane!

I actually just got back from the temple! It was so amazing! I love the Columbus, Ohio Temple! It is so small but it is beautiful! I will hopefully send some pictures soon. Or I might even send my SD card home soon so you can get the pictures off of it. But it was so cool. We left this morning and drove an hour and a half then did the 11:00 session! A member drove us out there. It was so awesome! I loved it! I don't know if I told you but we get to go to the temple quarterly in this mission. So I will get to go once every three months! I am so happy! It was just amazing!

I also got to hear from a general authority last week. Elder Evans! It was a wonderful experience! I got to shake his hand a few times and I sat right next to him during lunch. Of course him and his wife wanted to sit with the Sister Missionaries! But it was so amazing! He taught us so many things! We even got to watch part of the new District 2 movies. Probably only Lance and Zack will know what I am talking about. But we were the first missionaries to ever see them so far! It's pretty exciting! But he was just amazing! And he just was very cool. We just talked back and forth with him. He would ask us questions and expect answers and input! It was just such an amazing experience! He even told us that we had one of the best mission presidents he has ever worked with and we should be very happy! It was all just great! We ended up spending almost all day with him. We were at the stake center from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

But besides all of the amazing spiritual experiences I have been able to have over the last week and a half I have also had a lot of stressful moments! Like finding out that I have 12 cavities! O my goodness! I started to flip out! Not even cool! I totally brush and floss every night since I went into the MTC. Well before too. But I have been doing really good! It just kind of bummed me out! But Brother Hall and his wife are such amazing people! They do so much for us missionaries! I know they will be blessed! But they feed us every Friday night, we are staying in one of his apartments, he is going to fix all of my teeth for free! He is just amazing! He even comes out with us on appointments all the time! There family is just amazing! I really love him and his wife!

All the members here are just so great! They take such good care of us! My back was actually hurting really bad last week and we have a massage therapist and a chiropractor in the branch and so they both worked on me and my back is feeling better. It still hurts and I am going to go back a couple of times but it was hurting really bad. I wasn't even able to work out in the morning or hardly write in my journal ( which I write in every night)! But they are all just so willing to do anything for us! I love them already! I actually have a really funny story about Brother Borsini! But I am running out of time and so I will probably tell you in my email on Monday since I won't have as much to tell you because it is only in a few days!

But the work has really been progressing out here! It is insane! I love it so much! We went from teaching 6-7 lessons a week when I first got out here to teaching 16-17! It's just amazing! Sister Seibels tells me that what we are doing now she would have never thought possible! We have a ton of new investigators we are teaching! A few really promising ones! I will try and tell you more about them on Monday! But I just really love doing this work! I know that is it true and I am supposed to be out here in Greenfield! I know that as long as I am obedient and working my hardest the work is going to keep progressing! I am so glad I am able to serve a mission! I know that I will never regret it! It's so amazing!

By the way transfers are on April 1st! Can you believe it! I have almost been out 2 months! It doesn't even seem like it to me! That time has flown my! Crazy! But I need some address' from you! I would like Chari's, Michelle Covington, and Barbara Whites! I want to write them! But Trish and Mom, Thank you so much for the packages! I loved them! It is so great hearing from you! I love you all so so much! Thanks for all the love and support! I hope all is well! I pray for you every night! I love you so much! Have a great day! I will talk to ya all on Monday!

Love, Sister Madison Whitney

P.S. ALWAYS SMILE! It's what keeps me going on those tough days!

No comments:

Post a Comment