Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, April 18, 2011

February 14, 2011

Hey Family!


It's been another amazing week! Saturday was one of the best days of my mission! I was able to find a ride down to Chillicothe to Sarah Posey's baptism! It was amazing! I was able to see a lot of members of the Greenfield branch! I loved it! I was so excited and happy! The smile on my face was so big! I was sitting their watching her baptism and I was filled with joy to the point I thought I was going to burst! Alma 26:24-25! Exceedingly Great Joy in the Fruit of your Labors! It was the best to see the Posey's and the members of that branch! I truly love them so much! It was great because they had me get up and give a special talk/testimony and I said the closing prayer. Then we went to dinner with the Posey family afterwards! All the family is baptized now except the father. But he is getting closer! He is actually willing to take the discussions from the missionaries now and he comes to church a couple times a month. I am determined that they will be sealed together as a family and I will come back to Ohio for that occasion! Friday was also a great day! We had zone conference which was really great! I love getting together as missionaries with President and Sister Jensen! I learn so much as we all gather together! It was a really great conference! The spirit was almost overwhelming! We learned more about mormon.org and we each got our own district 2 DVD’s and we are supposed to have companionship study for 2 hours a few times a week using them! It's a new training program that they are piloting in our mission! I am so excited! Then we also went on exchanges Friday night. Sister Pettigrew came to Mound builders and we were able to get some great work done! Its fun getting to know other Sister's a little better also! We were able to find a couple new investigators this week. Mary Ferrell was a former investigator and then Chip is Bob's friend and really wants to learn and grow! It's pretty awesome! Crystal is having a little bit of a rough time. Her sister just had premature twins and one died yesterday. It was really sad for her and she just isn't sure she wants to make this much of a commitment but she is still willing to meet with us and knows it's true. All of our other investigators are doing pretty good. We just keep trying to get them to keep their commitments and come to church.


Today for Valentines Day we are getting together with our district and we are going to have a nerf gun war in the church gym! I am pretty excited ha-ha... then we will also just play games and have some fun!


Mom, I don't really care what bedroom I get. Hopefully I won't be home too long anyways. I will be happy with anything.


Brigham, that's good that you are healing well. That's cool that you are doing track. You have always been very good at that. How is work, school, and friends? What do you do these days? Are you working on your eagle or am I going to get the car when I come back! I love you! Be good and Read in Preach my Gospel and the Scriptures!


Caleb, that’s awesome that you want to do basketball! You will be great at that! I love you and miss you! How is school and your friends? Are you preparing to go on a mission?



I love you family! I hope that you have a great week! Keep me posted on everything!



Love, Sister Madison Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment