Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, April 18, 2011

February 21, 2011


Hey Family!


Happy Birthday MOM! I hope that you have fun skiing! Are you doing anything else fun! I will send a package off tomorrow! The post office was closed today! I love you so much! Thanks for all that you do! I did get the card you sent thanks!


We were actually able to find a library that was open on President's day and so we are ending our p-day emailing! We just had a wonderful day! Since it is President's day and the kids have school off and it's our p-day we set up a fun day with the Trauntveins! This morning we drove out to their home and then we headed to Berlin, OH. It is the most populated town with Amish in it in Ohio! It was so much fun! It was about an hour drive out there and we stopped and took some pictures and then we went to a cheese factory and tasted about 40 different kinds of cheese! Then we went across the street and there was a little bakery and we tasted their breads and some other treats! We went to an Antique store and another grocery store with Amish things in it. It was a whole day of Amish! It's fun seeing them out in their horse and buggy's, the house with no electric, and their dresses and beards. It would be such an interesting way of life. Sadly it started out raining and then started snowing and so it was cold and we weren't able to see to many Amish just out and about. But it was a really fun experience! And it's just nice to be with cousins and family and be able to get to know them a little more! What missionary ever just get's to go on a little road trip with family. I am pretty lucky! The Trauntviens are such a great family! After we get done emailing we are actually going to go and eat dinner with them and have Family Home Evening over there! Last p-day was also great! The Nerf Gun War was so much fun! We were able to set up dividers in the church gym and just go at it! Sister Lillywhite and I even won a round! We had darts all over the place! It was hilarious!


Anyways... let's see what else has happened this week. We had a pretty good week as far as teaching goes. We were able to teach 25 lessons. We are still working with Krystal towards baptism. There a few things she still is working on over coming but she knows it's true. We are teaching her friend Chasity and her boyfriend Greg and they both accepted a baptismal date of March 26! They are really excited! Except their it the law of chastity problem. They will either have to move out or get married. They are planning on getting married eventually but if they want to get baptized on that date they will need to do it sooner that later. Who knows... maybe we will have another fast wedding! HAHA... Bob is doing well. He would get baptized if he could quit smoking and drinking coffee. It's so hard for him though! He is trying! We are working with some less actives that seem to be coming along a little. The Haltoms are pretty active now which is exciting! Whitney Stevens one of my favorite investigators is moving to Arizona :( she and her husband are separating and so she is moving in with her mom! She was getting so close to! Hopefully she will continue to meet with the missionaries in Arizona. I just hope that her mom's heart is softened and she will let her.


This week we had a few really warm days and I was so excited because I thought spring was coming early! I was able to only wear a light jacket and no boots! But then today we got ice and snow! BLAH! I will be excited when spring comes! I can't believe that Brandon Hustead will be putting his papers in soon! That just doesn't even seem realistic! When does Christian leave on his mission? Thanks for forwarding Kimber's email! I love hearing about her! I am so glad that she made the decision to serve! I strongly encourage all young women to go! It's been the best experience ever! I LOVE IT! You should encourage your young women!


Lance is really really busy with work and school! His car broke down the other day and doesn't have the money to get it fixed. I am not sure what he is doing for a vehicle. But we are still in contact when we can write. He sent me flowers for Valentines Day! They were really cute! I took pictures :) If he plans on it... I still plan on dating him when I get home!


I haven't read the 4th missionary talk! It sounds really great though! I would love a copy!



Time's up though! I love you so much and I hope that you have a great week!



Love ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment