Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, April 18, 2011

March 7, 2011

Hello...


I don't have a lot to say this week besides that I was sick almost all week! Blah!!! I had the flu. I was throwing up and had a little fever and now I have a cold and dizziness. We were inside our apartment from Wednesday evening until Saturday! Then I still almost didn't go to church yesterday and I am still not feeling like myself today! Being sick as a missionary is the worst! All you can do is lay in bed! No TV. to watch and I was to sick to really read anything! It took almost all my energy to even read 1 chapter in the Book of Mormon. Poor Sister Lillywhite has just been stuck inside to but at least she has got a lot of studying in. I have just slept and slept some more. But hopefully I will be able to get up and work this week!


To answer some of your questions... the weather has been up and down. It did rain a lot but I didn't really pay much attention. I was just in bed. Greg is not bothering us anymore. Chasity his girlfriend dropped us and doesn't want to learn anymore because she thought I liked him to and he is lying to her and we can't get a hold of her. It's sad because she was so prepared and was so excited to be baptized on March 26 but her dumb boyfriend had to get in the way. But I am confident that she will find the gospel again. That's cool that Julia is getting married! Sad I am missing it! It's funny that almost every single one of my friends has gotten in the last year! O well...


I did hear about the BYU thing. That's crazy... we were at dinner and it came up! Ha-ha... a non member actually brought it up and he said that he thought is was stupid that it made national news because if it was anyone but the Mormons it wouldn't have made national news. He said that he agrees with the school and doesn't like what some people are saying and bad mouthing Mormons because he really likes us. Just doesn't want to get baptized...


I will probably be sending an envelope home soon with my SD card and some picture c.d's from my comps camera. We mostly used her camera last transfer. Sorry you haven't seen pictures in a while. I don't really know if I need anything... hmm



But I forgot to mention. We did have a great beginning of the week! We are teaching Bob Stroshine and Whitney Stevens. Bob is what we refer to as an eternal investigator. He has gone through many sets of missionaries and he knows that the church is true but he can't give up coffee and cigarettes. Well he has been trying really hard to overcome the addictions and been doing pretty well. He is down to 1 pot of coffee a day instead of 3 and is smoking 1/2 a pack instead of 2 packs. Well we were in a lesson with him and we were teaching and I got an impression to set a baptismal date with him. So I asked him to follow Christ's example and be baptized on April 6, 2011! He said YES! He is really striving to reach that goal. It is going to be hard for him but I earnestly believe that he can do it if he wants it bad enough. Then there is Whitney, she has been meeting with missionaries for the past year. I have been teaching her for 3 months and we have become pretty close. She is 23 and has 3 children! I love her so much! Well a few weeks ago we found out that Whitney and her husband were having some martial problems and that they were going to separate and she was going to move to Arizona. Well they decided that they would try and work it out. So we continued to teach Whitney but she has always had a problem making commitments. We have tried setting baptismal dates with her in the past but she has never accepted. She would always just shrug it off and not really want to talk about "baptism." Well the other day we went over and we were talking and asked her if she knew if the Book of Mormon was true. She said "Yes." Then we asked her if from knowing the Book of Mormon is true if she knows that the church is true. She said "Yes." Then we asked the simple question- Then wouldn't you want to be a part of Christ's true church? Her reply was "You make it sound so easy!" Then we extended a baptismal date of April 12, 2011 and she accepted! YEAH!!! Then the following Sunday we got a text 10 mins before church from Whitney that said she was actually moving to Arizona but she wanted to know if she could get baptized this week. Sadly, we had to go and talk to her about it and she hadn't met the requirements and wasn't completely ready to make that covenant. But the miracle is that she still wants to be baptized and will continue to meet with missionaries in Arizona! Through following the spirit we were able to help her get to that point!



Anyways! I have to go and I love you all very much! Hope you have a good week! Pray for me to get better!



Love you! Love, Sister Whitney



No comments:

Post a Comment