Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 11, 2011

Hey Family!


It's been a great week! Lots went on... I can't even believe how fast this transfer has gone by! It's crazy that we find out tomorrow if I am staying in the Mounds or leaving. I am really excited that I get to stay an extra week. It will be a great experience. And Caleb we won't forget your Birthday, Ha-ha. I did color my hair this week...well my companion colored it. It turned out good. It's just a little darker but even all around now. Tevon texted you because I couldn't remember but she wasn't with more or didn't even color my hair. I am feeling fine. I did get my prescription and I am taking 2 a day. I am exercising and eating pretty healthy. I have actually lost about 7 lbs. My eyes are fine. The prescription hasn't even changed. My mission president and his wife leave on July 1st and then that's when the new mission president comes. So I will have 2 different mission presidents but the one only for 2 weeks. It's kind of cool though because President Jensen said because he was the mission president pretty much my entire mission he will still interview us before he leaves and he is also going to take us to the temple since that is a tradition here. So I will get to departing interviews and 2 temple trips! WOOT!! That's exciting! Not to mention I should be going with Misty Posey in June to see her get her endowments out! I love the temple! We actually got to go on Thursday with all the Sisters in the Columbus area! Their were 12 of us there! It's so much fun to see other Sisters and be in the temple with them! I love to go to the temple! I love the spirit and the power I receive as I go there! It's amazing! I had such a great spiritual experience there and it just strengthened my testimony that Christ lives and loves each of us so much! I can't even remember what all went on this week! So much happened! The biggest thing was that we had exchanges! I was able to leave my area for a day and go back to Marion with Sister Hazleton! It was amazing. First because I love Sister Hazleton so much and it was great to spend another day with her. Second because who actually gets to go back to an old area and do some work! I know that it was inspired for me to go back though because I was able to help! I wish I had time to write about everything. But the best thing was that I was able to get into a house where no one in the branch has been able to get into. The missionaries had tried a month earlier and she told them to go away. It's crazy because when I was there she was amazing! She was so strong in the gospel. She was going to the temple when her health allowed and shared the gospel with everyone. When I heard that she was antied and didn't talk to anyone I was SHOCKED! But I got this impression that we needed to go see her. It was amazing... once again it strengthens my testimony that God loves ALL of His children and knows what each of us needs. We went and knocked on her door. She was smoking and put it out and then she saw me through the screen door. I told her Hello and told her that I missed her. She saw me and let us in the door. Sister Hazleton was shocked. We sat down and we were talking to her I asked her questions and she opened up. She was going through a very hard time. She is having a lot of medical problems and almost died. She did tell us that she knew the church was still true and she still read her scriptures everyday. She just felt like she had let the branch down and other things. We ended up reading scriptures with her and sang hymns. It was amazing! She is willing to let the missionaries come back and wants to get a refresh of the lessons. She wants to come back but was scared and is scared. But seeing me is what she needed. I love her and was glad to go back and help. I am going to write her and continue to support and encourage her. I was also able to talk to my recent converts of that area! Some are doing great others not so much. It was heart breaking to see one had started smoking again and stopped reading the Book of Mormon. But I talked to her and she said she would start reading it and I will continue to write her. The exchange was great and it brought happiness and sorrow. But I know that The Gospel is True and it is for everyone! I love my Savior so much! I know He lives and Loves each of us! His Atonement is real and works for every single person! We can be together forever as families and I am grateful for that! Missionary work is amazing! Share the gospel with everyone!



I love you so much! I hope you have a wonderful week!



Love, Sister Madison Whitney



No comments:

Post a Comment