Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, April 18, 2011

March 14, 2011

Hello Hello!


It has been a much better week this week! I am feeling a lot better and we have been able to work hard and have seen some success! Monday I did go to the doctor and they said that they didn't do the 20% off thing. The lady was kind of being rude and said they stopped doing that. I tried to explain how my mom had called in and they said they did but she just said sorry. So I called to get financial help and they said that they needed you to fax in your tax returns. I told the secretary to call you and tell you about the 20% and to give you the fax number. She took down your number and was suppossed to call you on monday but it sounds like she didn't. Ugh... I didn't really like the secretary. Sorry about that though. I didn't set up another appt though. I did get my blood drawn and the docter should be sending my results their I think. I also did get my package that you sent! Thanks so much! I am really enjoying the granola, especially the cinnamin one! I sent Zack a little package with a t-shirt in it and a letter. It wasn't anything big. It only cost like $5. But I did tie die a t-shirt for him for christmas along with the other boys and I just never sent it because it got lost in my packing when I was transferred. But it's not really anything important. I probably sent it like a month ago or longer. Have you gotten any more of Sister Kimber Clayton's emails. I would love to get those and haven't for the past 2 weeks. That's cool that Brigham is running. I am sure he is doing great at it! I am glad that his leg healed and he is feeling well enough to do that. I did hear about the Earthquake in Japan! That is crazy! It sounds like bad things are happening all over the world. I am glad that all of the missionaries are accounted for. We were wondering that. That's cool that Kimber Bringhurst gave a good talk. I didn't even realize they were living in your ward boundries. I still can't believe all my friends are almost married. It's just going to be so weird coming home to no single friends. The weather here is getting better. It was 50's this past week and is suppossed to get up to the 60's! YEAH!!! I will probably be sending a big box of winter things home at the end of this transfer so I don't have to carry it around. We are just kind of hanging out for p-day and running errands today. We will go shopping, clean our car and apartment, and then probably write letters with the time that is left over. They have 1 or 2 ski resorts here in Ohio. At least that I have served around. There is one in Bellfountain and I know I have heard of some other ones but I don't know where they are. I know that they are more like bunny hills though. Not too exciting compared to Utah. Haha...


This week we were able to have some good lessons! We taught 23 of them. It's wonderful being able to teach a lot a week! We should be teaching not finding but we have to do both when we don't get members to find. We tracted quit a bit this week also. At district meeting we learned a new technique that we were using. We are using How to Begin Teaching while tracting. Lance and Zack will know what I am talking about. It's really effective and we are also using We Invite, They commit, and We Follow up. We commit them to set up a return appointment by saying. We will be in the area next tuesday at 4 or 5. Will you allow us to come back and teach you. It works really great! The thing is actually getting them to be their when you come back. But we are still working with a lot of the same people. We did find a couple of new investigators this week! Tabby wants to be baptized but she lives in the Lancaster ward boundries and so we have to pass her on the the Elders to teach her. But we still helped get her there. Elder C. Scott Grow is coming to our mission this Saturday and we get to here from him! He is a quorum of the Seventy. I am excited! But time is up and I have to get going! I love you all so much!



Have a great week!



Love, Sister Madison Whitney



HAPPY BIRTHDAY LANCE! I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment