Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 7, 2011

Hey!
It's been another great week! It seems like most weeks are great out on the mission field. There are tough days and hours through the weeks but when you look at it all together it truly is the best experience ever! I learn so much and love so many people! This week was pretty good because we were able to find some more people to teach! We got a referral from Bob and investigator and we are going to start teaching his friend. Then a less active member has 2 foster daughters that we started teaching and we also are teaching Tevon's - a recent convert - friend Taby! It's great because they all came from people that we know and are teaching. I keep telling everyone that the best source of baptism's comes from referrals, especially from members! But along with that we are continuing to teach Bob Stroshine who quit smoking this week! He gave us his carton of cigarettes! We took some funny pictures... We are teaching Thomas, Chasity, Krystal, Whitney, April and Joe Richardson. It's been going good! We just need to get them to come to church and be better at keeping their commitments! Sometimes I wish I could just force these people into the waters of baptism because they know it's true and have each received that witness but it's just so hard for them to give up their worldly things.
That's good that the Greenway Packers won. It seemed like almost everyone we talked to about it wanted them to win. I bet Zack is really Happy! I keep telling people in the ward how I think it's funny because it's his favorite team and the only time he isn't home to watch the super bowl is when they play in the super bowl.
I am so excited for Kimber! I am glad you gave her a hug! I will defiantly miss her when I get home! It's going to be weird not having her! I won't see her for almost 3 years! Crazy!
The weather has been a little crazy here this past week. We had freezing rain and were stuck inside a few times. The roads were really bad and it was slick. It was really pretty though. The trees were covered in ice! We got a few good pictures but it's hard to capture the beauty on camera! It's snowing outside right now. I am defiantly ready for spring! ugh... this white stuff all over is not so much fun! Ha-ha... It's funny because whenever I tell people I am from Utah they are just like o then your used to this weather and I have to explain that St. George is more like Arizona weather!
I am so excited for this weekend! Sarah Posey is getting baptized! She is Misty Posey's daughter my first baptism and she was only 7 at the time and turned 8 and so Saturday I get to go down to the Greenfield area to see her get baptized! (If I can find a ride) But President Jensen gave me special permission! I am so excited because I will get to see allot of the member's of Greenfield!
Anyways... I don't really know what else to say nothing way exciting just been being a missionary! Which is exciting! But besides teaching and finding we haven't done too many other things this week!
I love you so much and I appreciate all that you do! I hope that you all are doing well and that Brigham is healing! I continue to pray for you always!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney
GOOD LUCK KIMBER!

No comments:

Post a Comment