Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

May 31, 2011


Hey!!!


It has been another great week! It seems like every week in the mission is a great week! Of course there are those hard times but if you are serving the Lord with all your heart, might, mind, and strength you are going to be happy! Transfers were this past Thursday! It was bitter-sweet. We lost Sister Lillywhite and so I am just in a duo with Sister Szymanski but I am excited that I get to stay here in the Mounds for my last transfer! I can't believe I have been here 6 months going on 71/2! It just seems so weird to me that I have lived here and worked here that long. I really love this ward and the members! They always try to take care of us and so many are willing to help with the missionary work. I have seen such an improvement with the leaders of the ward since I have been here. The meetings are just more focused on missionary work and they are really trying to help us. It's great!! I forgot my planner today because we started a new one and so I really can't remember what we did this past week. We were able to find 2 new investigators. We are starting to teach Krystal Fox's sister Nicole. We are also teaching Melissa Jenkins Krystal's friend. Krystal just keeps giving us referrals because she knows the gospel is true and has seen a happiness come into her life that she wants’ to share! It great! We had a great lesson this morning with Betty Dumas! She is a 60 year old black woman who used to be Pentecostal but is going to be a Latter-day Saint now! We committed her to be baptized on June 25 and she had an overwhelming feeling and she said yes! The spirit was so strong! It was amazing! She has come to church once and loved it and is going to continue to learn and then be baptized! I am excited for her! We actually found her on "accident." We were going to see her less active neighbor in an apartment complex and went to knock on the back door instead because it was closer to where we had parked. Well we knocked on the wrong door and Betty let us in and wanted to know more. She was actually a former investigator! AMAZING! The spirit directs even when you aren't sure what you’re doing! We are still working on finding new investigators. The entire mission is having difficulties finding people to teach! Ugh. So we will be going tracting in the 93 degree weather today! YUCK!!! It's so hot and humid! I am trying to drink lots and lots of water though! I am hoping they will feel bad for us and let us in! Who knows...? We are working with less actives a lot recently also. There are a few that are very close to coming back. Just need that little bit of guidance and push? Then there are some who are far away. But we keep trying! The best thing we can do is be friendly and invite the spirit into their home. Help remember the covenants we made at baptism and help them realize the blessing that they are missing. I am excited for this next transfer! I am going to work hard and use my time wisely! I just can't believe how fast the time goes by! It's crazy! But we are going to continue to FIND, TEACH, and BAPTIZE! I love this work! It is the best work in the world! Those are awesome experiences that Tanner had. I don't really remember him though. I can't believe how many people are leaving on missions and coming home! It's just crazy!! How is Levi doing? Is he still on the Island? I am excited to see Brent and Lorna. The 4th of July is a p-day and so I think we are going to be spending it with the Trauntveins and they should be there. I am not sure though. We did get to go to Michaels’ graduation party for a little bit. We didn't have a dinner appt that night and so we went and ate our dinner their and said congratulations. That was fun! Mom, can you find out when I will be giving my homecoming talk. I would like to know so that I can invite some of my companions that are home. And if you could find out what the topic is on that would be great! But if not it doesn't really matter. And did you ever get the conference ensign? I haven't gotten it and would like to read it all before I get home. I love you all so much! Keep the letters coming! I haven't received one in like 2 weeks! AHHH! Just 1 or 2 more and you won't have to write me again. Except you lance... I want more than 1 or 2. I love you!



Love, Sister Madison Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment