Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011


Hey Family and Friends!


It has been a crazy week and I am afraid it's just going to get crazier and crazier! So let's start at the beginning of the week. Monday for p-day we decided that we were going to celebrate Sister Szymanski's and Elder Andersons 6 month mark. So Sister Whitney had this great idea that we would go to a member’s house and have a fire and burn some clothes. We called a member from the Newark ward, Sister McCroskey and she told us to come on over. She ordered us lunch and we ate pizza and then we went out and gathered some wood. We built a fire and then we got our clothes. There were 4 of us there, Elders Anderson and Shelton and Sister Szymanski and I. We all decided that we wanted to burn something. So I burnt some of the clothes I had that were falling apart. It was pretty exciting! It got really hot and I burned some of the hair on my arms! HAHA! It was so funny! It made me laugh. But my arms are back to normal now. I was also able to drive a riding lawn mower which was sweet! I have wanted to do it for my entire mission! hehe... It was great! After that jamboree we went to dinner at the Hoovers one of the members!



Tuesday we saw a bunch of people! It was a great day for teaching lessons! It is always wonderful when everyone keeps their appointments! Wednesday we had district meeting and then we had exchanges! So we met Sister Lytle and Sister Tilby in Amanda OH and did a switch! I went with Sister Lytle to GREENFIELD!!! It was such a great experience to go back! I loved it! It was amazing being able to see members and say goodbye before I leave Ohio! We had dinner with the Posey's that night! It was great because when we pulled out of the car and I stepped out I was attacked! I had so many people hugging me! All the Posey’s were there and also Sandy and Shelby! All of my recent converts from Greenfield! It was so great to spend some time with them and eat dinner! I love that family so much! They are definitely one of my favorites! After dinner we were able to teach Brett the husband of Misty a lesson! It was the best experience ever! I have now taught everyone in that family! It is amazing how much he has changed over the last year. He went from Anti to coming to church to taking the lessons! I was actually able to get him to pray at the end of our lesson which he had never done before! It was really scary for him but such a huge step and I am glad I was there for it! I hope he chooses to be baptized soon! It will be amazing when their family can go to the temple and be sealed! It was busy while we were in Greenfield. I did a lot of training with the Sister I was on exchanges with. She was having a hard time and I was able to teach her a lot that will hopefully help her. It was just great to be down there again and to be able to see some of the members!



Thursday afternoon we switched back. It was good coming back to Mound builders! I love it here! I will definitely miss leaving! The members here are great! They all know I am going home soon and so for dinners they have been asking me what I want and I have been getting a lot of my favorite meals lately! It's been really yummy! Friday we had a 4th of July Party for our ward. Not too many people came but it was fun. There was food, live music by some members, and we had a little program. It was fun to be there. Lorraine came but then her car broke down on the way home and she no longer has a car. Ugh... life is stressful.



I am not excited to come home and get a car, job, etc. But it needs to be done. Part of life. I can't even cover everything. But more highlights would be that Saturday night we also went to a 4th party. It was our dinner but they had a bunch of ward members there and non members! It was great! Lots and lots of food and some fireworks. They had a ton but we couldn't stay and so they set some off when it was light outside for us. We were invited to come back as a family next year if this is when we want to come back. I think this would be a good time.



Sunday was great! We had a wonderful fast and testimony meeting. I got up and bore my testimony. I cried the entire time. It was just an overall really good meeting though. Monday was a crazy packed day. We met our new mission president and his family. The Nielsen’s. They are great! I will have to tell you more later though.



We also had a 4th party with the Newark ward had food and fun games! We got to spend some time with the Trauntviens and Brent and Lorna! It was great! We also had dinner with them! Homemade Root beer and Ice-cream! YUM! It was really good to be around them and fun!



Time is up! I love you!



Love, Sister Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment