Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 6, 2011


Hello Family and Friends!!


It was a great interesting week! To start off with I got surgery on my toe! CRAZY!!! Don't worry it was really nothing. But just an interesting story to tell about my mission. I had an ingrown toe nail and it was hurting. So I tried to dig it out my self and it made it feel a little better but of course I didn't get it all. So I went a week hoping it would get better but it wasn't and if you can imagine it is not to pleasant to go finding with an ingrown toenail. Well we were at dinner with the McGlaughlins and I was telling Sister McGlaughlin about it and she told me that we had a foot doctor in our ward that lived down the street. She sent me there immediately. So I knocked on Bro. Giamo's door and told him I had an ingrown toe nail. His wife wasn't home and so he said follow me and headed to his van. He opened the back of his van and laid the seats down and grabbed his kit. Next he told me to take a seat and then asked if I was scared of needles. I told him a little and then I saw the needle and said actually a lot!! Then he grabbed my toe and stuck me with this long needle three times! It really hurt! Mostly when the medicine went in. Then we waited for the toe to get numb. Then he did a five min surgery and took a little part of my toe nail off. Then it was done. It was just all so fast and in the back of a van outside on the street! It was funny... ha-ha. But my toe is feeling a lot better. It is bruised a little but I can walk without limping now! YEAH!!! He told me the toe nail will grow back in a few months and if it gets ingrown again I need to have it permanently removed. YUCK! But I thought you would all enjoy a story about my toe. (It was my right foot big toe, just in case you were wondering). But to get to more important things! We had a good week this week! Betty Dumas is still excited to be baptized! We just hope that her health will allow her to be baptized on June 25! She wasn't able to come to church this week because she has diabetes and arthritis that was acting up. But if she can make it the next 2 Sundays she will be able to be baptized! We just love teaching her though! She does get a little crazy saying Hallelujah and when she feels the spirit really strong she just gets really happy and everyone knows. But I think that she loves our church because she can really feel the spirit and she knows its true! We also found a couple new investigators this week! We are going to start teaching a part member family. We went to visit Todd a less active member and only his wife and kids were home and she was very friendly and let us in. After talking to her for a few min. her husband had come home early from work. We talked about the gospel and found out that she had taken lessons before about 7 years ago. But that she wants to take them again! Yeah! So we are going to start teaching Joanna and Todd! I am excited because they are a cute younger couple with 2 really cute kids! They also have active family members in the other ward and so hopefully we will be able to help them. Then we have been looking up former investigators lately and we found this man Jerry! Jerry is in his 70's. Him and his wife had listened to missionaries a few years back but weren't really interested. Well we felt like we needed to go and try him and so we knocked on his door. We asked if his wife was home and he said that she had passed away 6 months ago. Well I got this really strong prompting to talk to him about eternal families and we also read part of the family proclamation to the world! It was great! We set up another appointment and we are going to teach him more! It is going to be so exciting! I can just see him getting baptized and then getting sealed to his wife that he was married to for 57 years! He is such a sweet older man! The 2 investigators we found from Krystal are currently not being taught anymore. Melissa had to go to the hospital and may be there for a while. She has crone’s disease. And then Nicole premature twin had to get surgery and she is pretty much living at the hospital at OSU. But they want to meet with us again when these trials pass. We are continuing to try and find more people to teach! I want to try and help as many people as we can come into the waters of baptism before I have to leave Ohio! We are close with some people and we are teaching a lot of new people this week and so hopefully we will be able to find some promising new investigators! I love doing this work! I love my Heavenly Father and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve him!



I love you so much! Thank you!



Love, Sister Madison Whitney



p.s. I didn't answer your questions ha-ha


We haven't had anymore tornado warnings through here. It's just been hot and humid! YUCK!!!


Sister Szymanski and I are doing good! I like working with her without the trio. I think we get along better know that there are only 2 of us. We are having a lot of fun together. She is just really shy and so I am trying to crack her shell a little. But she keeps telling me that she is going to miss me. I think it's because I am always making her and everyone laugh. FUN times! Anyways... I love you!



DON"T FORGET TO WRITE ME LETTERS! THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME! HEHE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment