Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 11, 2011 Last Letter

Hey Family...


I can't not even begin to explain the feelings I am having inside of me! I am just like playing tug-a-war with my emotions! I woke up kind of sick to my stomach today. I think it is because of all the stress and emotions! Ugh... I am so excited to come home and see all my family and friends but at the same time I am so sad to leave all my family and friends! And not to mention the work! I know I can do missionary work at home but it definitely isn't the same! I will miss it but the Lord has great plans in store for me! Yesterday was hard. I was my last Sunday on the mission! All the members came up and wished my luck and were great! Lots of teasing from some of my crazy "uncles." We are all family in the Mound builders ward! I have loved serving here! They announced over the pulpit that I was going home and then for the hymns in Sacrament meeting they sang "I will go where you want me to go" and "God be with you till we meet again." They were trying to make me cry. It was hard to say goodbye to the families! I can't wait to come back and have you meet them! This has been the greatest experience!



This week I said a lot of goodbyes. We have been teaching a lot of the less actives and taking pictures and then I saw some of our old investigators. It has just been crazy! I am sure I will tell you about the mission when I get home! Lots of experiences! I just wish my memory was better. I forget so many of them. But I have been very diligent and keeping a journal. I try and write in it every night. There are a few weeks here or there I miss. But for the most part it has been good! We went to Pat and Greg Smith's sealing on Saturday! It was amazing to be there with them! The temple is an amazing place! They are now sealed for time and all eternity! What a blessing! It was great because I was able to see some of my favorite Sisters and say goodbye! I will miss them also! It is just a hard thing!



I got my flight plans. I can't believe I have 2 lay over’s! UGH!!! Sister Le Sueur gets to see her family at 10:30. I will actually get to meet her family because that's where my first layover is. Then Sister Loosli gets to see her family at 12:30! I have to wait till 4:30! It's going to be a long day! O well... I am going to try and talk to people at the airport and read my scriptures. Sleep! I am going to be pretty tired. Because I probably won't get much sleep the night before. I know that we have to wake up really early and I will be loosing 2 hours! So it's going to be 8:30 there and that will be my bedtime. But I will try not to go to sleep. Hehe...



I have been thinking a little bit about what I want to do. I really just want to chill with the family. Just be able to sit and talk. I think it would be cool to be able to put my feet in the swimming pool. I don't know about totally getting in because who knows where or even if my swimming suit fits! Ha-ha... I hope it does. But just food and family would be great! I can't believe Caleb will be 15! They are going to look so different! O man...this is all just weird! Everything seems like a dream!



Bob (Robert) called me last night and he said that he talked to you. He was pretty excited! He makes me laugh! I will miss that guy! Wish he would quit smoking and drinking coffee! It is a hard addiction to break! I get to go to the temple tomorrow with Misty Posey! I can't even wait! SO EXCITED!!! Time really is flying by! I only have 3 days left in Newark! It is just weird!! I think that it rained there to give you a little taste of what I have been going through! I am excited for dry heat! It's been 90's with humidity here! That is no fun to go tracting in! YUCK!



Requests for food! WAFFLES! We never get them out here. With strawberries and whipped cream! I would also like fresh salsa! Not sure if there is anything else. Probably... but I just can't think of it. Actually Egg McMuffins would also be good. I don't know. Let Caleb pick for his birthday breakfast. I have been getting a lot of my favorites out here. They all love me! hehe... Caleb isn't getting anything from me. I am a poor missionary. Plus I am kind of stressed about luggage and if it will all fit. I sent a package to lance to hold for me until I get home. I had something in it for him, that's why I sent it there. Amy also said if I don't have room she is coming out to Utah in August and could bring it to



I just want all of you to know that I am so thankful for my opportunity to share the gospel in Ohio. I love being a full time missionary! It has been the best experience of my life! I know that this is Christ's church on the earth! It was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith! I know it and feel it every time that I teach it! It is true! I know that the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ! It shows us how much love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us! It teaches us to be more like our Savior! If we read it and study it daily power will flow into our lives! I know that Jesus is the Christ! He knows and loves each of us! One thing I have learned on my mission is that Heavenly Father loves us so much! We really are His children. He knows us individually! He is in the little details of our lives! He has given us the opportunity to pray to him! It is a privilege that we have and we don't utilize it enough! He hears and answers us! Even if it is not in our own time or in the way we want it! He loves you! He sent His Son to die for us! Christ choose to do that! Alma 7:11-12! I am eternally grateful to my Savior and my Father in Heaven for this opportunity! It has been such a blessing!



I thank all of you for your support and prayers! It has been very much appreciated! I love you!


Love, Sister Madison Whitney


C*ya in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment