Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June 20, 2011

Hey!!


The lightning bugs are out and they are so cool to see! That is definately one thing that I will miss about The Ohio! I will miss a lot of things out here! I love it here and I love sharing the gospel with the people here! We are still excited for Betty! She is just a hoot! In sacrament meeting yesterday she shouted out Praise the Lord! It was great and the ward already loves her enthusiasm. It was when they announced her baptism over the stand! I think that we will have a great turn out from the ward members because Betty is just very happy and friendly and has made a bunch of friends! Her laugh is one of a kind and it is contagious! When we come back to Ohio we are going to have to come back and see her! We have been working a lot with less actives lately. It has been good. There are a few that are progressing. A lot of them have testimonies and know that this is the true church. They just don't want to act on it. The whole "doing" something is really hard for a lot of people. I was reading an ensign talk this morning that talked about how being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was not easy! But it is worth it! It seems like we are always going going going but I just don't know what to tell you. We did some great service this week! Rolled buckeyes... peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. I will definately have to make some when I get home because they are so yummy! We are still working with Krystal and Lorraine. They are doing pretty good. We are trying to get them to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. It is just difficult finding a ride and a babysitter. But we will get them there. It is a tough life style change for recent converts and I don't think as members we fully understand that. We really need to fellowship those new converts and bring them into the fold. We are teaching a weekly Book of Mormon class. It has been going pretty well. We are just reading through it a few chapters a week and then we talk about it and answer questions. Nothing to intense... but just trying to get active and less active members to come and non members. There were like 7 people there last week not including us. We had some crazy experiences this week. We met some very interesting people... I can't even explain. Just interesting...


The hair show that you went to sounds pretty cool. I will let you practice on me! I definately miss getting my hair done. It's pretty much done the same way everyday of my life. I am excited that you are going to start doing nails. You can definately practice doing that on me! Father's day was pretty good for us. We celebrated with the Crooks family. They fried a turkey! It was really good! Then we also had homemade daunts! YUM! They gave us like 3 dozen farm fresh eggs! I think I am going to be making German pancakes this week! Don't want all those eggs to go bad! I think that it would be cool to have chickens when I am older. I have helped gather eggs to kill chickens now. The things you can learn on your mission are great! You also asked me if they have Mesquites in Chile... but I think you meant to say Ohio. They have lots here! I have scars to prove it! But I have been putting bug spray on my legs more. I am sad that it is getting Hot in St. George! It has been pretty nice here. The weather patterns are so random. We have had more rain this week. We had a couple times where I had to pull over while driving because it was coming down so hard! The other night we got in and I decided that I was going to play in it! And so I was outside dancing in the rain. I got soaked but it was fun. I had to come inside because it started hailing and it was hurting me. But I love you so much! Thanks for everything that you do!



Love, Sister Madison Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment