Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 14, 2010

Hello Family!
How are you doing? I am doing wonderful! I love serving a mission! These last 2 weeks were amazing! And this up coming one is going to be amazing! So first of all the Posey's baptism was so amazing! The spirit was so strong! They are so happy and it's so cool! You can really see a difference in her countenance! The spirit is so strong! I loved it! And her husband came which was amazing! He was able to watch his wife and three kids get baptized and we were able to teach him and everybody the first lesson during part of the program! It was such an amazing experience! I took lots of pictures and so I will send you my SD card at the end of this transfer! The transfer ends on June 24! Crazy! I could go anywhere or I could stay. I may even end up training. I am not sure what but I will go wherever the Lord wants me to go! Also this last week we were able to take Misty up to the Bishop's Store House and serve there! It was awesome! She was so amazed with all the things the church does! It was funny because they had canned food there and she was so confused! She had never seen macaroni in a can! It was hilarious because at first she asked me about it and I was like yeah it's in a can so what? She just looked at me and was like this is not normal! I forget I grew up a Mormon in Utah. I am used to food storage! HAHA! She is so excited about the idea. Mom you will have to talk to her about it and give her some recipes. I will get you her number or email so you can tell her more about it!

We also were able to go to COSI this week for our P-day and that's why I didn't email last week! It was so so fun! It's this huge science museum place! You should look it up on the internet! It's bomb! They had a titanic exhibit that was so cool but sad! They had a bunch of shows, and just a bunch of cool things. It kind of of reminded me of parts of Epcot and Disney World. Sister Borsini took us for her birthday! It was just way way fun!

Then on Saturday, I was able to see an Apostle! Elder Todd D. Kristofferson came and spoke to our entire mission! It was so amazing! The spirit was so strong! We were able to shake his hand and tell him where we are from! He was just amazing! It was such a cool experience learning from an apostle and feeling how strong the spirit was in the room! We even got to ask him questions! It was amazing! We also had Elder Gonzales from the First Presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy! They had some great advice! We need to really be working with Less Actives and trying to help rescue them!

Later that same day we were able to here from Sheri Dew and Sister Nelson ( Elder Russell M. Nelson's wife)! It was a quad stake relief society meeting! It was a great experience! They are both amazing speakers! We were able to get to talk to them and hug them! Then I also got to see Amy Trumpvine our cousin! It was so great seeing her and getting to talk with her for a few min! I loved it! It brought so much joy to see family! It really was an amazing day! I was so spiritually uplifted! Wow!

Then to keep going we are having a branch missionary baseball game on Tuesday night, having 2 more Baptism's, Sandy and Shelbie, on Friday night at Welmington which is outside of our mission! And there are Sister's serving in that area and so we will get to meet them! And then setting up a booth in the Leesburg Festival on Saturday! Crazy Crazy busy! Not to mention this last 4 weeks we have also taught at least 25 lessons or over! It is really amazing! I can't believe how great this work is! It makes me so happy!


But that is my crazy weeks! O yeah... I forgot to tell you that I am going to the Columbus ZOO on Monday and so I won't be emailing next week! Sorry! But I am so excited for the Zoo! It is the best zoo in America! It even tops the San Diego Zoo! Pretty Sweet! Yeah! I love it! But I have to get going! I love you so much! Thanks for all that you do for me! Have a great 2 Weeks!

Love, Sister Madison Whitney

p.s. I got the recipe book mom! Thanks so much I love it!

I love you Lance! Thanks again for the Large print Book of Mormon!

No comments:

Post a Comment