Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Friday, July 30, 2010

July 28, 2010

Hey Family,
Another week gone by! Crazy! I have been out on my mission over 6 months! Can you believe how fast the time is flying by! I can't even believe I have almost been in Greenfield for 6 months! Transfers are next Thursday and I am sad because there is a likely chance Sister Whitney will be transferred out of Greenfield. I love the people here so much! They have become my family! It will be sad to leave but I am also ready for a change. But who knows if I am leaving yet.
This week has been a pretty great one! The reason I am emailing today is because we got the chance to go to the temple today! I love it there! It just is so amazing to be able to go to the temple. I wish we could go more but as my mission president says "We are on our missions to do work for the living, not for the dead." But I am just lucky that we get to go quarterly!
I got my blood results back this week and they are good:) The doctor told me to go down to 1 pill a day. And then on August 30th I will go up to OSU to see her. Going from 5 to 1 pill a day is awesome though!
Sister Parry did get the c.d. you sent her! Thank you for making that again! I got the plate from a member in the Mound builders ward. Sister Parry had got one from that area and said that I could get one for $10. That is crazy about the shower leaking into my bedroom...not Caleb’s. What did the insurance adjuster say. Do you get a new shower?It sounds like Brigham is in really good shape. That is cool that he runs 6 miles a day! I can barely do 1!
This week was a pretty good week for teaching. We were able to get into contact with some investigators that we hadn't been able to see. We are teaching these 2 great families who are best friends. Dawn and Shawn Smith and Beth, Emily, and Harley Penwell. They are great! We are giving them a tour of our church ( blue double-wide trailer) tonight so that they will feel comfortable on Sunday when they come to church. It was cool because we were able to get permission to go skating with them last night at the skating rink! It was such a blast! I love their families. They are sad I might be leaving next week and so on Tuesday they are throwing a BBQ Party thing for me, even though I may not leave! I love them! I love this work and being able to meet people! I have met so many amazing people that I will love forever! I have family here I will defiantly miss! Kayla and Rachel are not getting baptized on the 31st :( their dad has been in and out of the hospital for a couple weeks and we had to push the date back. It's sad because I wont be there. But it's not about me.
That is cool that you are going up to Springville this weekend! The Halls are out in Utah this weekend. I can't remember exactly where... I think Saratoga Springs. But they are the family that did all my dentist work and it would be way cool if you could go out there and meet them since you are going to be up in the area anyways. I will give you their cell numbers incase you have time or would like to do that. Their number is 937-876-9646 and 937-876-9813. Their names are LaVar and Sharon Hall.
I did try the hand sanitizer on my mosquito bites. It works pretty well. I do have anti itch cream that works good to.
My schedule:
I wake up at 6:30 a.m. and we exercise for 30 min. Then we get ready and eat breakfast from 7-8. At 8 we have personal study and at 9 we have companion study. Then at 10 a.m. we are out the door proselyting until 9 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch and dinner break.
But that's pretty much it. Ha-ha... Thanks again for everything! I am excited to get Brigham and Caleb's letters! :) I love you all so much! You are awesome! Thanks for the prays and the support!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney
p.s. Thank you for the Package Brent! It is being much enjoyed and appreciated! My companion and I are loving it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment