Sister Madison Whitney

Columbus Ohio Mission
January 27, 2010 - July 15, 2011

Well done thou good and faithful servant!!!







Madison returns home on July 15th, 2011. Her home coming will be July 24 at 11:30 a.m. in the Bloomington Hills Stake Center.




Sister Whitney, Sister Lillywhite, and Sister Szymanski. A trio and still in Newark, Ohio.

Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010





Hello Hello!
It's sounds like everything is going pretty well at home! I can't believe they had a earthquake! Crazy... that's good that is was small though!
It sounds like you are having a crazy fun summer! All the scout camps, hikes and then girls camp. That's really cool. The Greenfield branch just left for girls camp this morning! I am jealous that I don't get to go. But things here is Greenfield are going really good! I love it! We are so busy we are totally scheduled for the entire week. We have been having to tell people we can't see them for 2 weeks unless people cancel on us. But I love it! It's been great because we have some really great investigators!
We are teaching Beulah Hale an 83 year old women! She is hilarious! We have been reading the Restoration pamphlet with her just taking it really slow. But she gets it and says she knows its true and that the Holy Spirit is strong in her. We just need to get her to come to church. It's just hard with her being old and not being able to drive. We have also been working with a lot of less actives! Trying to rescue them! We are teaching Cherisa Lamb and her daughter who is 8 and wants to get baptized. We just need to get them to start coming to church again! We also have been able to help this less active Daniel Wells with a lot of problems he has been having. He has gotten robbed, been in the hospital numerous times, moved twice, and a bunch of other trials have come his way. But we just keep teaching him and trying to get him help. It was great though because when we were leaving the other day he told us that we have had such a positive impact on his life and he will never forget us and what we have helped him with. It just makes you feel so good! It's moments like those that makes the work all worth it! I love it! I love serving a mission!
Hmmm... I don't know what else has really been going on. We just have been working hard. We are going bowling today for p-day and so I am way excited about that! It's nice to be able to relax and have some fun! Mom, you should update my page thing. Get some pictures of Sister Parry and I on there! I know your busy though... I just want people to see my awesome new companion) .
You were wondering how much we get as missionaries and all of our expenses and stuff. Well we get $145 a month. That covers food, cleaning supplies, hygiene supplies, mailing supplies, well pretty much everything we buy. We don't have to pay rent or gas or anything like that. The mission covers it out of the money you pay every month.
That's cool that Caleb will be a teacher! I can't believe how old my baby brothers are getting! Crazy! Brigham going into high school... Scary! ha-ha... That's cool he is going to do cross country. I bet he will be really good at that. Is he going to run the marathon in October? I know that he wanted to when I left.
I hear from some of my friends. Kimber Clayton is amazing at writing me! I love her so much! Shanan writes me quite a bit! It's crazy that she has 2 little boys! They are so cute! I have gotten letters from a couple of other friends once in a while but not a ton. I mostly get mail from Lance and then a letter here and there from Rachel, Skyee, and some Elders that were in my Zone at the MTC. But that's pretty much it. I would love to hear from the aunts I wrote... Michelle, Barbara, Cheri. Even if you email me that would be okay! Hand written letters are always the best though! And I get mail from Brent and Ellen’s family. But not recently because I think they went out of town. That is cool about Rondee getting married in September! I expect a wedding invitation! I would love to hear from her! You should call her and personally tell her that I want a letter from her telling me how she is doing and to tell me the story about her engagement! Also mention how she told me she would write me every week and I haven't received a letter from her once! Kelsey Vernon is getting married July 31st! CRAZY! I am sad I am missing it! Her announcement was so cute! I am way happy for her!
I did get my blood drawn this week. They only checked 3 things and so it should be good. And I filled out this financial aid thing.
But time is up and I have to go! But I love you all very much! Thank you for all that you do for me! Your amazing! Have a great week! I love you!
Love, Sister Madison Whitney
P.S. Happy Birthday Caleb! I hope that you have fun at your scout camp! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment